Thursday, May 17, 2007

I've Got a Bug!

A stamping bug that is! :) My friend Julie had a little get-together at her house the other night for some chit chat and stamping, and I had so much fun! I began working on some Christmas cards (yes, CHRISTMAS cards in May!!!!) and now I can't stop! I took along with me a few of my scrapbooking page completion kits, which contain this beautiful silver and gold Christmas-y paper. I originally only took it along because I wanted to use to show Julie how to make a snowflake using the CM punches, but I discovered that I love the paper on my Christmas cards, so now I've been going nuts making holiday cards all week! I even started humming a few Christmas songs as I worked...much to my husband's annoyance. :) I would love to post them online because I am so taken with these cards, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone who might be receiving one come December!

Yeah, so not much else to write about lately. Ella is still teething and to boot has had an upset tummy. I've taken a few mental health breaks this week- first with my mom coming to look after her for a few hours while I went out to get some "back to work" clothes with my birthday money. Retail therapy is always wonderful! :) Then that terrific night at Julie's and now I'm really looking forward to my own stamping night that I am hosting tomorrow night. Mine is a full out Stampin Up party where we will be learning to use some handy dandy stuff I am pretty sure I haven't seen before. It will be nice to have a bunch gals over, have some wine and some crafty fun. Probably won't be doing any CHRISTMAS cards tomorrow night but that's OK- there is always the weekend for me! Hope all is well with all of you- ciao for now!

1 comment:

Julie Mutch said...

I'm glad you had fun! I always have a great time when friends come over to play 'stamps' with me! lol :)
Thanks again for showing me how to make the snowflakes.

I'm looking forward to tonight's SU party at your place, see ya soon! :)